Saturday, March 21, 2015

KNOW YOUR CANDIDATES - Meet Sandra Isom

(This is the 7th, and final, in a series of profiles for candidates for School District 168.  All candidates were asked to submit their own profile and a photo.  Ms Isom submitted her profile late through School Board Member Deloris Green.  While we did give each of the candidates a deadline, I felt that each should have an opportunity to be seen and weighted by the Voters of Sauk Village.  Out of courtesy I will repost Latonya West's profile Sunday as she submitted her biographical information after we ran her original post on Sunday.)

SANDRA ISOM 
Candidate for:  4 Year Board Member


EDITOR'S NOTE:
This is Sandra's first electoral run, she has never held public office.  Isom, Bazile and Campbell-Pruitt successfully fought off a voter's challenge to their petitions early on during the campaign.  A Cook County Electoral Board ruled that they will be on the ballot.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE CANDIDATE'S PROFILE. (Note:  This information was provided by the candidate no EDITS were made to their content.  We do not endorse or necessarily agree with the views of the candidate which are their own)
My name is Sandra Isom I have been a concerned resident of Sauk Village since the year of 2000.  My heart beats for the welfare of our children and community. I am a proud mother of six outstanding children.  They are graduates of Rickover and Bloom Trail High.  I am very well familiarized with the everyday plights and concerns of the children and parents. As far as policies, rules, regulations are concerned. I have ten years of experience in the area of underwriting.  I believe that makes me a prime candidate for the district 168. My vision is to implement policies and regulations to better equip and assist the school system. I am a former First lady of Full Gospel Holy Temple church in Chicago.  Was the overseer of the outreach ministry, assisting the downtrodden and broken people in the community. Currently I am an active member and Sunday school teacher at Holy Praise Tabernacle Church. Under the honorary leadership of Pastor John G. Pitts., and Beverly Pitts.

My goals are:
·         To ensure that others have a voice in making educational and administrative decisions.
·         To be a conduit for the concerns and interests of the teachers and parents.
·         To create stronger ties between the School Board and community.
·         Personal interests in improving the quality of our school system.

No comments:

Post a Comment