Thursday, June 23, 2016

JELENA ROWE TAKES FIRST PLACE AT NATIONALS


SAUK VILLAGE |   JELENA ROWE, an incoming senior at Bloom Trail High School Class of 2017 and Sauk Villager, took First Place High Jump at Nationals New Balance 5'10".

"So nationals was this past weekend and like going into this type of competition just enlightens me & I get very excited" Rowe said.   Rowe has had a consistent season with her jumps at "But I mean this season I was very consistent at 5-8 back to back and 5-9" Rowe said.   Rowe also participates in track and volleyball and tries her hardest to give it her all when it comes to her practices or meets.
Rowe said she worked hard for conference, sectionals, and state and just had the mindset of "I can win and will".  Rowe jumped 5-7 down state which put her in second place but she knew she could do better.  "When my amazing Coach told me about Nationals I was like great I can redeem myself but basically worldwide.  So I just stayed focused during nationals weekend and just had very good positive energy and confidence and just had to remember cockiness wasn't going to help me win" Rowe said.  
 
Rowe went into nationals knowing everyone was good and anyone could win and maintained her
composure. It came down to Rowe and Lilly Lowe at Nationals "I'm so used to it just being me and not having competition to jump against" Rowe said.  Lilly Lowe attempted 5-10 but failed on her two attempts while Rowe cleared it on her first. Rowe went on to attempt 6-0 "I just had to think like don't let the height stop me or frighten me like just have fun and jump your hardest and highest but all though it didn't happened I'm still happy with the progress I made and the accomplishments I made this whole season" Rowe said.
  
Rowe acknowledges the support she received "I couldn't have done any of this without the support and help from my team, my parents and coaches and that  at the end I was grateful for the opportunity"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment